To Walk Alone

13.8.11



I walked alone
through endless nights,
through skies so blue
I sped, I flew

I walked alone
through time and love,
through the sea aloft
I sailed, I soared

I deemed my life complete
I was happy, or at least,
so I believed
in a world darkness didn’t creep,
in a world so mine, but yet so incomplete

I used to know myself pretty well
What I can, what I do, what I can’t
Monotony was a must, referring to me,
vanity, lust… all unknown… they couldn’t be

It was like a sudden flash of light,
like I’ve been blind all my life
At first, I couldn’t see one thing,
it was all so beautiful, I couldn’t believe

What I saw was a world so different from mine,
with ups and downs, no plain stripes,
with rushes of emotion so deep and intense,
I couldn’t let myself be privy of such a thing

A world so different from my own,
but yet so mine
I’ve being missing all
And I thought I could fly?

Before I couldn’t,
now I could
and this all happened because of you

You shattered to pieces my very own world
My fake reality, my darkest show,
to expose every little thing that without you I missed,
because having you, means having me
Now I speak to you, clear and loud
I need you here, don’t make a sound
Hush down now, let me tell,
what I need to get out, what I must say

Before happiness meant being known,
being wealthy, being strong
You want to know what happiness really is?
having you… with me

Hold my hand, I’ll hold yours
Take me far and beyond
Let’s build a home above the starry night,
Where our love forever will last

I need you here, forevermore…
I want to touch you, to feel your soul
To feel yours, and you feel mine
I want you to take me somewhere in the sky

I thought I knew love
But I didn’t, not at all
Cause you gave the meaning to that word for me…
And I love you, so let it be.

                                                             
 I used to walk alone… now I don’t…

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios